FIND YOUR PLACE IN THE WORLD. You can help tribal people have the opportunity to know Jesus Christ as their Saviour. That opportunity is still out of reach for many tribal people around the world. If you’re willing to make a long-term commitment to change that, we’re here to help you.
ETHNOS will work in partnership with you and your church. We will provide the specialized training you need and help you find the role God has prepared for you in the network of missionaries who make tribal ministries possible.
HOW TO BECOME A CAREER MISSIONARY
Learn about the application, approval and orientation processes to become a career missionary.
Find out about the vocational and personal qualifications needed to be a career missionary.
VOCATIONAL FOR CAREER MISSIONARY
- Successful completion of ETHNOS' specialized training program.
VOCATIONAL FOR SKILLED ASSOCIATE MISSIONARY
- Training and/or experience consistent with the position. Depending on the context, teachers may need to be credentialed or qualify for credentials, and have one year of classroom teaching experience.
- Attend a Pre-Field Orientation (PFO) in Durham, Ontario.
- Assurance of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ
- Agreement with ETHNOS' statement of faith
- Desire to be part of a team effort to evangelize unreached people groups
- High moral character with positive references
- A personal lifestyle free from destructive behaviours such as drug and alcohol abuse or pornography
- Involvement in a local church, and the backing of its leadership
- No divorce or remarriage after salvation
- No preexisting school loans or consumer debts
- Good physical, emotional and mental health
- Willingness to trust God for financial and material needs
- Willingness to commit to long-term service (Career Missionaries) or to serve from six months to four years (Skilled Associate Missionaries)
Note: Skilled Associate Missionaries are not required to learn a foreign language.
Your role as a career missionary and previous Bible education determine the training you’ll need, which can take from one to four years. Learn more about ETHNOS' specialized training.
How are missionaries’ ministries funded? What role can a spouse have? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions.